Thursday, June 14, 2012

Return to Arkansas

So it's been a bit since I hace been able or motivated to write on here, but I am back in Arkansas, near a reliable internet source, and have been urged by friends to push on with my blog.  If you haven't been privy to my stories from Colorado one could sum it up with alcohol, injuries, and of course sweating my balls off in a gigantic, furry, overpriced dog costume ( it's pretty insane that suit cost over 10 grand).  Well I'm back and was extremely excited to get back on the bike to train for a good race season.  Turns out that is not going to happen the same tendinitis I battled with last year has sprung up again with a vengence and will not allow me to put in any concerted effort towards training.  So, I have retuned to my roots of street bmx and have gotten extremely slow on anything except for a downhill trail.  Since my departure from training I have sustained a fair amount of flesh wounds and have gotten a little more that platonically familiar with a rail on campus.  I also recently had the oppurtunity to take myself out on one of our group rides.  It was one of those crashes you just don't expect to happen, but when it does it just destroys you.  I severely bruised my quad and sliced my arm open on a rock.  I'm out for a bit but am ready to get out and destroy some more street and trail.  Oh, and i got a new bike build going that should not only allow me to push my boundaries and probide everyone with more ridiculous stories.  So stay tuned in for further tails of gnar.

No comments:

Post a Comment